One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor boat with living accommodation.
- ‘On the lawn outside is an installation of decrepit bits of revolutionary kit, skips and bulldozers turned into tanks, a blitzkreig baker's van and a cabin cruiser incongruously kept in a glass box.’
- ‘It was no cabin cruiser, but with the rudder salvaged from the Minnow, and a mast and sail added, the boat should be navigable.’
- ‘We almost thought both of you were dead when we found Jackie's cabin cruiser.’
- ‘One of Scotland's leading businessmen has told how he was seconds from death after a fire engulfed his luxury cabin cruiser while he slept.’
- ‘Once below the rocky shoreline, the reef is a sand and silt bank down to the perimeter of the buoyed-off area, broken by training platforms, old anchors and the remains of a small wooden cabin cruiser.’
- ‘On the surface, above the boat, the cabin cruiser sat at anchor.’
- ‘We reached the River Ouse and York University's boathouse and saw a cabin cruiser or two and swans.’
- ‘I had a recent pleasant reminder of this two days ago when we took a friend on a short trip up the River Cam in a cabin cruiser.’
- ‘I wanted some company while I fixed up an old cabin cruiser I'd bought.’
- ‘The pair were rescued 28 miles from Port Gregory on Tuesday April 15 after their cabin cruiser drifted off to sea.’
- ‘The cabin cruiser has been detained in dry dock as police and coastguard officials continue their investigation.’
- ‘Between Saintes and Cognac there are many ways to work up an appetite, navigating your own cabin cruiser up the Charente river, cycling along its tow paths or hiking the maze of country lanes between the two towns.’
- ‘And by far the best way to enjoy it is to hire a cabin cruiser and chart a course along its winding length.’
- ‘Further behind me, a cabin cruiser was steaming to dock in Hamilton for the night.’
- ‘The boat was a small cabin cruiser with an inboard motor.’
- ‘From the perspective of the mentees, there is something demeaning about hitching their boat to an elegant cabin cruiser and being towed along in its wake.’
- ‘As I surveyed the waterfront, a cabin cruiser pulled up and deposited a large Indian man with gleaming teeth before pulling away again.’
- ‘Terry decided to highlight the resemblance to a stateroom on a 1930s wood cabin cruiser.’
- ‘Manda turned her head toward the voice, and saw Jackie steering a cabin cruiser.’
- ‘He said it has taken the boatbuilders six weeks to careful construct the cabin cruiser and two weeks for the speed boat and fishing boat and they were in the process of just adding the final touches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.