One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heavy-bodied fish with a broad tentacle above each eye and a green-brown body with white patches, found on the west coast of North America.
- ‘We used to see lots of big lings and big cabezons, and even leopard sharks, even though you couldn't get close enough to get their pictures.’
- ‘You are allowed two ling cods over 22 inches in length, cabezons have to be 16 inches in length, and sea trouts must be at least 10 inches in length.’
- ‘The cabezons and lings on the north wall of the dry dock were huge.’
- ‘Juveniles are taken by rockfishes and larger cabezon, as well as by lingcod and other sculpins.’
- ‘The intertidal zone supplies fishermen with surf perch, cabezons, blennies, rock fish, pricklebacks, mussels and sea urchins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.