One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brown moth whose caterpillars are pests of cabbages and related plants.
- ‘The other significant pest of these plants is the cabbage moth.’
- ‘Certain companion plants are said to prevent the cabbage moths from being able to alight and lay their eggs.’
- ‘If you'd never thought that the world's biggest collection of cabbage moths could inspire deep thoughts, pick up a copy of this book.’
- ‘Plant cabbage, broccoli, bok choi and all types of mustard until mid-September, covering with lightweight row covers to exclude cabbage fly and cabbage moth.’
- ‘They are known to eat cabbage moths, bollworms, tomato hornworms and broccoli worms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.