Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Come on.‘C'mon, it'll be fun!’
- ‘I mean, c'mon, does your average TV viewer really want to listen to a speech on ‘asymmetric federalism’?’
- ‘‘Now c'mon, I'll help you get settled in,’ he said as he reached for one of her bags.’
- ‘I can understand him not going to Toronto, but c'mon, man!’
- ‘I forgave that when you were on your second album, but c'mon, you've grown outta that, haven't you?’
- ‘But c'mon - arguing about this only plays to those who think that he's a conservative.’
- ‘I mean, c'mon, did you care about superannuation when you were 18?’
- ‘But c'mon… can you really say the same thing about all these other stories?’
- ‘I mean, c'mon, you just have to be a little curious, right?’
- ‘Oh, c'mon, you had to have known that you and Lance were by far the best in the class!’
- ‘I know I was talking about liking the rain, but c'mon!’
- ‘I can understand that this makes good business sense, but c'mon, guys, do we have to be this middlebrow?’
- ‘I mean c'mon, it's on the World Wide Web for goodness sake!’
- ‘Seriously, I know people are a product of their environment, but c'mon!’
- ‘I mean, c'mon, it's not exactly like that pole was my favorite place in the world, ya know.’
- ‘So, c'mon then, give them a try, don't dismiss them right away.’
- ‘I mean, c'mon, babe, going back to his house could mean anything.’
- ‘I mean, c'mon y'all, if it's your favorite movie, can't you learn how to spell it?’
- ‘I was planning to go to Oxford, but really c'mon - this boy doesn't ‘do’ rain.’
- ‘I mean, c'mon, like three governors have apologized for it now, and it's been thirty years since it ended.’
- ‘But, c'mon, if I don't have to audition for it, it's not really like I'm still acting.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.