One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the course of this process, an ‘Old Russian oligarchy,’ to use a modern term, was created, and it very soon would assert its rights to exclusive power, thereby challenging the Byzantinism of the central authority.’
- ‘Australian governance should never be allowed to descend into anything resembling the bureaucratic Byzantinism and indifference to the individual that are characteristic of less developed polities.’
- ‘The Byzantinism in this concept was a violation of theological truth; the absolutism was a rupture with the medieval political tradition.’
- ‘German radical nationalists condemned courtly Byzantinism, and demanded the elevation of all parts of the nation to consultation and participation in national matters - paradoxically through a strong leader.’
- ‘But for this interest to make a positive contribution to the struggle there has to be a break with the negative side, the Byzantinism and the obtuseness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.