One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An indirect route.
- ‘The bypath of it is the entrance of this park.’
- ‘This way of thinking is illustrated as he commits what he calls a ‘literary sin’: In this matter of writing, resolve as one may to keep to the main road, some bypaths have an enticement not readily to be withstood.’
- ‘Thus, a novel approach for the arrangement of bypaths is desired which enables increased, high speed operation.’
- ‘It indicates at least a temporary arresting of inner evolutionary development, a running off into unessential bypaths - unessential, that is, from the standpoint of spiritual evolution.’
- ‘Any owner or person in charge of such dog being walked upon any common thoroughfare, sidewalk, street, gutter, beach, passageway, bypath, play area, park, public school grounds, or place where people congregate, must have in their possession their cleanup device and nonabsorbent, leak proof container.’
- ‘There is about 18.5 m difference in height from the top of the terrace to the bypath.’
- ‘We must get beyond textbooks, go out into the bypaths and untrodden depths of the wilderness and travel and explore and tell the world the glories of our journey.’
- ‘Furthermore, this is he at his most capricious, his most willing to turn down this or that bypath and still wind up at the same terminus as the main road.’
- ‘No other single work furnishes such comprehensive and particular guidance to the spreading landscapes, the highways and bypaths of English Literature.’
- ‘In this, it seems to me, we should agree with these skeptical anti-realists and knowledge microscopists of today: their instinct, which repels them from modern reality, is unrefuted - what do their retrograde bypaths concern us!’
- ‘‘They burn incense to worthless gods and they have stumbled from their ways, from the ancient paths to walk in bypaths, not on a highway,’’
- ‘We all, however, are committing the same ‘sin’ of preferring bypaths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.