One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
According to directions given by the proper authority.‘he was released from prison by order of the court’
- ‘The Government must create a new wetland on the east coast by order of the European Court to replace two lost to development in Kent and Suffolk.’
- ‘Captain Leghorn, after registering five missions, was grounded by order of higher headquarters until after D-Day.’
- ‘The accused were brought from Lancaster to Barrow by order of the Home Secretary.’
- ‘His microphone had been switched off, by order of the bench, but he carried on speaking.’
- ‘In 2001, the company started firing union members by order of the government.’
- ‘Children under the care of a local authority by voluntary agreement or by order of a court often have poor physical and mental health.’
- ‘He was released by order of an examining magistrate on 30 June after 44 days without access to judicial review or to his family or lawyer.’
- ‘Services will be curtailed while fire doors are replaced, by order of the Health and Safety Authority.’
- ‘I am writing this in Brussels on a Sunday when no private cars are allowed in the streets, by order.’
- ‘If the child is in care by order of a Court then it is the Court and local authority who make the decisions about who the child can see.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.