One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exclamation of surprise.
- ‘By jingo, there are some good stoushes between media and governments at the moment.’
- ‘By jingoes I'm looking forward to seeing the footage of what Deep Impact's up to on Monday.’
- ‘By jingo, I thought, I might actually be good at this.’
- ‘Regular folks may not be seeing Westerns much any more, but, by jingo, scholarly folks sure do love to write about 'em.’
- ‘We don't want to fight, but by jingo, if we do, We've got the ships, we've got the men, we've got the money, too.’
- ‘It may not be sexy but, by jingo, there is an air about it that I believe every hard-working, middle-of-the-road New Zealander would agree with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.