One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the agreement of all.‘it was, by common consent, our finest performance’
- ‘For example, just see what happens to coherence when you examine the one area of policy in which the Conservative party, by common consent, commands the field: the countryside.’
- ‘Private property is in essence a cluster of rights inuring to the benefit of the owner, freely exchangeable in accordance with the terms of private agreements, and recognized and protected by common consent.’
- ‘But the same trees that, by common consent, ruined thousands of acres of Scottish landscape are being cut down and left to rot - paid for once again with public funds.’
- ‘Here, by common consent, the epidemic is out of control.’
- ‘It is, by common consent, one of the most backward States in the country: backward economically, but also socially and culturally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.