One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with negative In any way; at all.‘I'm not poor by any means’
- ‘Indonesian trade with Australia is convenient, but not critical by any means.’
- ‘Don't get me wrong, they aren't terrible by any means but are just not overly impressive.’
- ‘It wasn't glamorous by any means, but it was all so new and exciting to me.’
- ‘The graphics are good and clean, but they are not stunning by any means.’
- ‘It is not a well thought out performance by any means.’
- ‘We have not proven that by any means, and it is not a trivial assumption.’
- ‘The film doesn't purport to be a documentary by any means.’
- ‘Watering the garden plants is not an easy job, by any means.’
- ‘This is not essential by any means, but it can help in certain projects.’
- ‘He didn't drive slowly by any means, but he didn't try to impress people with his horsepower.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.