Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Possibly (used in tentative enquiries or suggestions):‘were you looking for me by any chance?’
please, kindly, be so good as toView synonyms
- ‘Is this an anti-capitalism statement, by any chance?’
- ‘Is Michelle still working there, by any chance?’
- ‘Does he, by any chance, come from a naval family?’
- ‘Did you take your own legal advice, by any chance?’
- ‘Do they plan late night music bars by any chance?’
- ‘They wouldn't have a socialist government, by any chance, would they?’
- ‘They would not be Left-leaning by any chance, would they?’
- ‘Could you, by any chance, bring a huge umbrella next year?’
- ‘If, by any chance, you're in a dilemma about what dessert to serve after you've eaten your freedom fries, you may wish to consider a bucket of Star Spangled Ice Cream.’
- ‘Are you all feeling a sense of impending doom by any chance?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.