One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Possibly (used in tentative enquiries or suggestions)‘were you looking for me by any chance?’
please, kindly, be so good as toView synonyms
- ‘Is this an anti-capitalism statement, by any chance?’
- ‘Is Michelle still working there, by any chance?’
- ‘They would not be Left-leaning by any chance, would they?’
- ‘Did you take your own legal advice, by any chance?’
- ‘They wouldn't have a socialist government, by any chance, would they?’
- ‘Are you all feeling a sense of impending doom by any chance?’
- ‘Do they plan late night music bars by any chance?’
- ‘Does he, by any chance, come from a naval family?’
- ‘If, by any chance, you're in a dilemma about what dessert to serve after you've eaten your freedom fries, you may wish to consider a bucket of Star Spangled Ice Cream.’
- ‘Could you, by any chance, bring a huge umbrella next year?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.