One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of course; certainly (granting a permission)‘‘May I make a suggestion?’ ‘By all means.’’
certainly, indeed, of course, definitely, without doubt, without a doubt, without question, unquestionablyof course, certainly, definitely, surely, absolutely, naturally, with pleasure, assuredlyView synonyms
- ‘Telephone, have a talk by all means but exclude me from arrangements.’
- ‘If it sounds like your sort of thing, then, by all means, check it out.’
- ‘If you have never seen this movie, by all means rent this disc.’
- ‘Although, if you don't mind paying a little more, by all means, pick it up.’
- ‘But by all means, do play the game as it is quite addictive and takes an innovative approach to commanding your team members.’
- ‘If you think you know of one who might be interested, then by all means, please tell me.’
- ‘If you have any thoughts about this, by all means, start a discussion thread, and let us know.’
- ‘I am not against this practice, and if you think it will help you, by all means, write your goals down and hang them up.’
- ‘If writing is not your forte, by all means, have it done for you.’
- ‘If this is something that interests you, then by all means go for it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.