One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very short haircut in which the hair is clipped close to the head with a razor.
- ‘If you're ready to try a new look, you can go the tough guy route and give yourself a buzz cut; it's the Hollywood way, after all.’
- ‘The exhaustion shows, though his military bearing and appearance (he still has the buzz cut of a man in uniform) belie the toll the case has taken on him.’
- ‘He was covered with tattoos and sported a buzz cut and a prison goatee.’
- ‘The buzz cut felt interesting, I had to give it that.’
- ‘This was the stupidest question yet, because this man had the shortest buzz cut that you can have, without being bald.’
- ‘He had a buzz cut, was clean shaven, and had dark brown eyes.’
- ‘He had sandy blonde hair cut a little longer than a typical buzz cut, with warm brown eyes, and a tan complexion.’
- ‘He was taller than Zack and had his black hair in a buzz cut.’
- ‘My father was a tall, well built man with a blonde buzz cut.’
- ‘It was as short as a buzz cut but had a single tress of hair left uncut.’
- ‘He had black hair with a short buzz cut along with the apparently popular cargoes and polo.’
- ‘She glanced up at the top of his head and noted with a smile that his curly hair was gone, replaced with a short buzz cut.’
- ‘The other, a spry, wispy little thing with a buzz cut, said ‘Hello,’ at least.’
- ‘Like everyone else, me included, he went for the buzz cut over summer.’
- ‘He had a perfectly shaped head, and had a short buzz cut, but was very muscular and seemed to beat his guitar when he played.’
- ‘The second man was also tall but a little more muscular with very short dark red hair - a buzz cut.’
- ‘Don't give your pets a summer buzz cut - most veterinarians agree that a longer coat actually helps to insulate and keeps pets cooler.’
- ‘One has more neck than the other, he has a buzz cut, typical of the Army, I reckon.’
- ‘He created the buzz cut with regular-size clippers, leaving the top longer and tapering the sides.’
- ‘‘I've had to grow up in the Army,’ he says, running his hand through his military buzz cut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.