One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of butyric acid.
- ‘Anaerobic fermentation of the soluble non-starch polysaccharides from psyllium seed results in the production of the short-chain fatty acids acetate, propionate, and butyrate in the intestines.’
- ‘Hexanal, hexenal, ethyl methyl butyrate, and methyl butyrate showed some significant differences between control and 47% shading treatments.’
- ‘Therefore, production in the stool of the ‘friendly’ short-chain fatty acids, acetate, propionate, and butyrate, is very important and can be assessed with commercially available laboratory testing.’
- ‘The mixed ester, cellulose acetate butyrate, has better weatherabilitly and finds use as pipe and telephone housings.’
- ‘Adding butyrate to the intravenous solution given to piglets who had parts of their intestine removed caused the intestinal tissue to grow and become functional.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.