One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of butyric acid.
- ‘Anaerobic fermentation of the soluble non-starch polysaccharides from psyllium seed results in the production of the short-chain fatty acids acetate, propionate, and butyrate in the intestines.’
- ‘The mixed ester, cellulose acetate butyrate, has better weatherabilitly and finds use as pipe and telephone housings.’
- ‘Therefore, production in the stool of the ‘friendly’ short-chain fatty acids, acetate, propionate, and butyrate, is very important and can be assessed with commercially available laboratory testing.’
- ‘Adding butyrate to the intravenous solution given to piglets who had parts of their intestine removed caused the intestinal tissue to grow and become functional.’
- ‘Hexanal, hexenal, ethyl methyl butyrate, and methyl butyrate showed some significant differences between control and 47% shading treatments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.