One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic antioxidant used to preserve fats and oils in foods, medicinal drugs, and cosmetics.
Chemical formula: C₁₅H₂₄O
- ‘Check out whether sodium benzoate, butylated hydroxytoluene, or just about any other food additive is safe or unsafe by visiting our on-line Chemical Cuisine section.’
- ‘Propionic acid and its salts, ascorbic acid, butylated hydroxy anisole, butylated hydroxytoluene, benzoates, sodium nitrite, and citric acid are added to foods to maintain their palatability and wholesomeness.’
- ‘Phosphoric acid, TBA and butylated hydroxytoluene were added to the pellet, and the reaction mixture was boiled for 30 min.’
- ‘The ethanol used, contained butylated hydroxytoluene as an antioxidant.’
- ‘And check to ensure that the ingredients are free of chemical preservatives such as ethoxyquin, butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydroxytoluene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.