One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly venomous African spider which is a close relative of the American black widow.
A subspecies of Latrodectus mactans, family Theridiidae
- ‘Some of the species with very toxic venom are the button spider and the black widow.’
- ‘In fact, there have been no deaths from button spiders in the last 4 to 5 decades.’
- ‘The button spiders have round abdomens with slender legs of which the third pair of legs is the shortest.’
- ‘A person who has been bitten by a black button spider needs to be hospitalised and treated with anti-venom.’
- ‘In Africa, especially South Africa, the genus is more popularly referred to as the button spiders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.