One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly venomous African spider which is a close relative of the American black widow.
- ‘In fact, there have been no deaths from button spiders in the last 4 to 5 decades.’
- ‘In Africa, especially South Africa, the genus is more popularly referred to as the button spiders.’
- ‘The button spiders have round abdomens with slender legs of which the third pair of legs is the shortest.’
- ‘A person who has been bitten by a black button spider needs to be hospitalised and treated with anti-venom.’
- ‘Some of the species with very toxic venom are the button spider and the black widow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.