One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young unopened mushroom.
- ‘They're no worse than those button mushrooms, and oysters are high in zinc.’
- ‘If using oyster or button mushrooms, add them during the last 6 to 8 minutes.’
- ‘I had button mushrooms, shitake, chanterelle, brown mushrooms and probably others that I don't even know.’
- ‘Despite verging on the vegetarian these days, I could not resist the lure of good old-fashioned red meat and chose an 8oz fillet steak served with French-fried onions, button mushrooms and tomato.’
- ‘This risotto can be made with any funghi - even little white button mushrooms are good cooked in this way.’
- ‘Shiitakes have a more intense flavor than the standard button mushrooms, which makes them go a little farther.’
- ‘A side of sautéed button mushroom slices had lots of salt and zero personality.’
- ‘Not that there's anything wrong with the basic button mushroom.’
- ‘The rice, which was full of button mushrooms and also appeared to have been cooked in a mushroom stock, was richer than the egg pilau but of the same quality.’
- ‘I opted for pasta carbonara - ham, miniature button mushrooms and chopped parsley.’
- ‘In Bombay, even something as innocuous as button mushrooms were impossibly exotic at that time.’
- ‘We began with a peppery cream of mushroom soup - very creamy and very full of succulent button mushrooms.’
- ‘The most commonly grown mushrooms are the button mushrooms and the first crop may be ready in about nine weeks if temperatures are within the required limits.’
- ‘Steaks tended to be accompanied by three button mushrooms.’
- ‘Packed full of button mushrooms and cooked in a mushroom stock, it was a generous size, soft and not over-cooked.’
- ‘The cap is yellow or amber and shaped like that of a cultivated button mushroom.’
- ‘I've used a mixture of dried and fresh wild mushrooms, but you can use any sort, even button mushrooms, which don't really have much flavour, only texture.’
- ‘The delicately fried garlic mushrooms - button mushrooms done in garlic, olive oil and fresh parsley with a hint of salt - remind us of the power of a simple, well-executed dish.’
- ‘Anastagio picked up a button mushroom and threw it at his son, hitting him on the nose, smiling even as he did it despite the fact that the gesture was a warning.’
- ‘Japanese food has its share with Shitake Mikozume, made with button mushrooms stuffed with spinach and tofu, and deep fried.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.