Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A variety of chrysanthemum with small spherical flowers.
- ‘Even in mid-October, button chrysanthemums provide a splash of colour in the Drumpellier gardens.’
- ‘Once we used button chrysanthemums in yellow and deep bronze with dark red oak leaves at the base.’
- ‘One small easel arrives with a collection of pink carnations, white button chrysanthemums and blue iris.’
- ‘The 2nd box is decorated with button chrysanthemums, straw flower, lima beans, clover seed, roses and orchids.’
- ‘White gladioli, yellow carnations, and chartreuse button chrysanthemums are delivered in a wicker basket.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.