One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of clothing) fastened with buttons from top to bottom.‘a silk button-through dress’
- ‘The cut-away collars that accommodate fat Windsor knots are giving way to fuller cuts that pinch in neatly under the tie with the use of tabs or poppers (NB: not button-through style).’
- ‘The long-sleeve style has button-through sleeve plackets, adjustable cuffs and a back pleat.’
- ‘Look out also for our range of Quality Co-ordinating Polo & Button through Shirts, also available separately.’
- ‘The perfect Woodstock look is a pale blue button-through A-line jeans skirt or culottes with a tunic top, and a velvet blazer with vintage-inspired accessories.’
- ‘Both feature a six-button front placket, a convertible collar with stays, two button-through pockets (the left pocket has a pencil stall), and both styles have a soil-release and wickable finish.’
A button-through dress.
- ‘The designer once again embossed the trademark map into black silk in full-length button-throughs and soft shirt dresses that were a world away from some of the hard sculpted designs seen in other shows this week.’
- ‘Then there's a great selection of textured jumpers and button-throughs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.