One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of clothing) fastened with buttons from top to bottom.‘a silk button-through dress’
- ‘Both feature a six-button front placket, a convertible collar with stays, two button-through pockets (the left pocket has a pencil stall), and both styles have a soil-release and wickable finish.’
- ‘The long-sleeve style has button-through sleeve plackets, adjustable cuffs and a back pleat.’
- ‘The cut-away collars that accommodate fat Windsor knots are giving way to fuller cuts that pinch in neatly under the tie with the use of tabs or poppers (NB: not button-through style).’
- ‘Look out also for our range of Quality Co-ordinating Polo & Button through Shirts, also available separately.’
- ‘The perfect Woodstock look is a pale blue button-through A-line jeans skirt or culottes with a tunic top, and a velvet blazer with vintage-inspired accessories.’
A button-through dress.
- ‘Then there's a great selection of textured jumpers and button-throughs.’
- ‘The designer once again embossed the trademark map into black silk in full-length button-throughs and soft shirt dresses that were a world away from some of the hard sculpted designs seen in other shows this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.