One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a series of longitudinal lines or curves marked on a plan of a ship to show its fore-and-aft sections at various distances from the centre line.
- ‘The flat runout buttock lines provide planing speed capacity with minimal drag and maximum stern support.’
- ‘The chine and buttock lines will reveal the full bellied shape usually present in this type of hull.’
- ‘Therefore, a semi-displacement boat will have fairly straight and fairly flat buttock lines aft.’
- ‘And then Erik came by and said that it was better, but that the buttock lines should be straightened out.’
- ‘The basic idea is to mark off a grid on the ground under the boat for buttock line and frame stations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.