Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful.‘they're all butthurt that she released the album online first’‘that fight the other night was started by a butthurt player from the losing team’
- ‘He looked all butthurt - like the finest woman in the world had shut him down.’
- ‘"Chrissy, are you that butthurt over yesterday's loss?"’
- ‘If you think that's a strawman argument, fine; I can see you're still nursing a huge butthurt grudge from last week.’
- ‘It just sounded like yet another example of whining and butthurt fanboys and girls who've just become too attached to a particular interpretation of Metroid to allow for other interpretations.’
- ‘Well, i didn't let myself get mad or butthurt.’
- ‘Don't pretend that everyone else has your paper-thin skin, and because you are butthurt about it, they should be too.’
- ‘When I was watching him I knew some people would be butthurt by it even though he didn't really say anything offensive.’
- ‘Nobody is going to listen to us if we only get butthurt about religions.’
- ‘A few loud, butthurt bloggers do not constitute the entirety of the iPhone developer base.’
[mass noun] An excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offence or resentment.‘it's time to get over the butthurt from last year's playoffs’‘the butthurt just oozes out of this comment’
- ‘The butthurt in the comments truly is epic, as is the ignorance.’
- ‘I can imagine the butthurt if a team that finishes the regular season top 4 in the polls gets left out of the playoff.’
- ‘This guy has stinging butthurt from being out-classed by Tesla before and now this new job gives him an even greater INFERIORITY COMPLEX.’
- ‘Keep defending his butthurt, it makes you look good.’
- ‘Look at the epic levels of butthurt that happened when projects fell through for whatever reason and people didn't get their game, or their electric waffle launcher, or whatever.’
- ‘I found this hilarious, but the Yankees front office developed a case of the butthurt, saying the promotion was in poor taste.’
- ‘The issues that arose here are many, but they can be broken down into two major categories: actual, legal issues and butthurt.’
- ‘Let the butthurt continue.’
- ‘Why all the obvious butthurt?’
- ‘I've read the butthurt from PSU fans & I gotta say..I love it.’
1990s: from butt and hurt.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.