Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A stupid or stubborn person.‘only a butthead would drive a car like that’
- ‘It's four o'clock in the freaking morning, you little butthead!’
- ‘What's more, it doesn't mean I forgave Rosie for being a butthead yesterday.’
- ‘When she's not being a butthead, she's awfully cute.’
- ‘I don't see him turning into a butthead.’
- ‘She hears the buttheads in the cheap seats say she's choking under pressure.’
- ‘He makes me smile even when he's being a butthead.’
- ‘Dear, dear, I enjoy my little butterflies, but you've quite progressed from a butterfly into a butthead.’
- ‘The butthead that had been riding his bumper sped past, temporarily burying the car in a lake of flying water.’
- ‘"Stop compulsively lying to me, butthead," obviously didn't work.’
- ‘Do you want Jay and the buttheads to come?’
- ‘I can't believe that butthead got voted back in.’
- ‘The poor guy's Directory listing describes him as an "award winning designer and iconoclast butthead."’
- ‘I think I should say I dumped you for being a butthead.’
- ‘Why would he would need to be sorry (well, besides the fact that he's been acting like a total butthead lately).’
- ‘My theory is: they're buttheads.’
- ‘Smoker or not, you'll always be a butt head.’
- ‘It's entirely possible that I have the cutest sister in creation, even if she is a butthead from time to time.’
- ‘Now make like a tree… and go buy it, buttheads.’
- ‘Carol Ann turned into a butthead towards the end of the class, freaking out, not wanting to leave, etc etc.’
- ‘And speaking of aggressive passivity, there's the bane of my existence… the "yes, butthead."’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.