One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class of lettuce varieties having soft leaves that grow in a loose head and are said to have the flavour of butter.
- ‘Buttercrunch produces larger heads than most butterhead lettuce and is very tolerant of heat.’
- ‘Judging by the deep colour of its leaves, Neva's green leaf, red leaf and butterhead lettuces would pack more nutrients than its bleach blond counterparts.’
- ‘Clean butterhead lettuce under running water and then lightly pat it dry with an absorbent paper.’
- ‘A single butterhead lettuce plant provides enough lettuce for a salad for 2 people.’
- ‘A curly lettuce is a new Dutch cross between crisphead and butterhead lettuce and marketed in Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.