One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for wing nut (sense 1)
- ‘The catch is simply a bolt welded in place with a butterfly nut to hold it closed - same on the bottom door.’
- ‘It will prevent the butterfly nut from falling off while the ‘cruise control’ is not in use.’
- ‘Attach inside cup holders on Left and Right Side Panels using butterfly nuts and hanging boards.’
- ‘Those of you who know where Shamino gets his butterfly nuts should have a good idea of where this is.’
- ‘The special butterfly nuts allow you to tighten and loosen the joints as needed to fold up or unfold the stand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.