One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The natural fat contained in milk and dairy products.
- ‘Product is weighed, checked for butterfat content and product integrity.’
- ‘The $6.01 price difference translates to more than 51 cents per gallon of farm milk with 3.5 percent butterfat.’
- ‘They regularly receive quality bonuses for high butterfat and milk solids and low SCC (somatic cell count) - a strong sign that they're on the right track with their management.’
- ‘The value of protein is up to twice that of butterfat in every litre of milk.’
- ‘However, their milk is higher in protein and butterfat - important ingredients for cheesemakers.’
- ‘Jerseys are nice little cows and they do give the richest milk - full of butterfat.’
- ‘The first certified-organic dairy west of the Mississippi, Straus produces everything from cream-top whole milk and Monterey Jack cheese to 35 percent butterfat whipping cream.’
- ‘All are made without the dairy derivatives lactose, butterfat, milk, whey and casein.’
- ‘Just in time for the holiday season, the new Ultra Creamy is made with a pint of fresh cream and contains 83% butterfat, yielding flakier pastries, richer sauces and smoother frostings.’
- ‘Existing bans on products such as whole milk powder, milk, cream, ice cream and some butterfat products will also be lifted.’
- ‘Milking was still done by hand and when George thought that Silverwood Dairy was inaccurately measuring butterfat, he bought a separator and sold cream instead of milk.’
- ‘But the best thing, says Cheryl, is the fact that Nigerian milk has extremely high butterfat and protein content.’
- ‘Unit sales rose 2.6 percent for the same period, reflecting steadying milk and butterfat prices after a year of wild fluctuation.’
- ‘Milk from Jersey cows has a higher content of butterfat, minerals and protein.’
- ‘Despite the various nutritional uses of milk and milk products, butterfat of which the fat is separated is also used as an ointment for women's skin and hair.’
- ‘They supply well over half of India's milk and their butterfat is the major source of ghee.’
- ‘It might be that English double cream has more butterfat than American heavy cream; it sure did whip up fast.’
- ‘The butterfat in the milk will nourish the skin.’
- ‘Everything is strictly dairy (that means 11% butterfat from milk and cream, so not like those airy, margariney blocks you used to get at school) and the flavours are strictly traditional.’
- ‘It is ridiculous that Department officials check issues in relation to butterfat but not milk protein which is now a major component of milk price.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.