One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for buttercream
- ‘All the cakes were either topped with royal icing or butter icing.’
- ‘I had the carrot cake, which was covered in thick butter icing, but lacking in the moistness this cake usually has.’
- ‘Heidi says any icing will top off this decadent treat well, but suggests making a rich, chocolate butter icing for a sumptuous finishing touch.’
- ‘There is nothing wrong with a good old Victoria sponge, thickly spread with butter icing and home-made jam, and dusted with icing sugar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.