One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for buttercream
- ‘All the cakes were either topped with royal icing or butter icing.’
- ‘There is nothing wrong with a good old Victoria sponge, thickly spread with butter icing and home-made jam, and dusted with icing sugar.’
- ‘Heidi says any icing will top off this decadent treat well, but suggests making a rich, chocolate butter icing for a sumptuous finishing touch.’
- ‘I had the carrot cake, which was covered in thick butter icing, but lacking in the moistness this cake usually has.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.