One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting a technique of controlled breathing claimed to alleviate asthma.‘the Buteyko method claims remarkable success in treating asthma’
- ‘Campbell had taken a Buteyko course which promptly alleviated her chronic asthma.’
- ‘The Buteyko technique seeks to correct your routine breathing so you retain more CO2 with each breath.’
- ‘After being treated by the Buteyko method thousands of people have recovered from asthma, hypertension, panic attacks and many other conditions.’
- ‘Kelly wanted to learn the Buteyko breathing techniques as she had heard they could help to control asthma symptoms.’
- ‘Called the Buteyko technique it has totally changed Murphy's life.’
1990s: named after the Russian physiologist Konstantin Buteyko (born 1923), who devised the technique.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.