One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- informal term for phenylbutazone
- ‘An investigation later determined that the bute probably came from assistant trainer Chan Fung Ha, who had been caring for another horse, King Lion, who was being treated for a suspensory ligament injury.’
- ‘In addition, you are over-dosing the bute to the mini.’
- ‘And therefore the sort of drugs like non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, aspirin, bute: these sort of drugs would have a material affect on any form of low-grade lameness, and therefore we wouldn't have the level playing field.’
- ‘A horse tested positive for bute at Ballindenisk, County Cork, last April.’
- ‘The Chief Steward said that the trainer admitted to administering bute to his horse five days before the trial after the horse kicked a rail in his barn resulting in a swollen hind leg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.