One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fresh uncured meat excluding game and poultry.
- ‘Proto-humans gathered around an anvil to make tools, butcher meat, and to eat.’
- ‘But the relative values of these two different species of food, bread and butcher's meat, are very different in the different periods of agriculture.’
- ‘She bought butcher meat with her pocket money and, when that ran out, she resorted to pinching the family dog's food.’
- ‘In the first instance, rationing would be applied to five foodstuffs - butcher's meat, bacon, ham, sugar, butter, margarine, and cooking fats.’
- ‘We cover all aspects of butcher meat including beef, pork, lamb.’
- ‘The current contract for the supply and distribution of fresh butcher meat comes to an end on. 4 February 2006.’
- ‘The painting, measuring 16 feet in width, deploys across its surface three naked figures, tied together with string on top like butcher's meat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.