One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fresh uncured meat excluding game and poultry.
- ‘But the relative values of these two different species of food, bread and butcher's meat, are very different in the different periods of agriculture.’
- ‘The painting, measuring 16 feet in width, deploys across its surface three naked figures, tied together with string on top like butcher's meat.’
- ‘Proto-humans gathered around an anvil to make tools, butcher meat, and to eat.’
- ‘She bought butcher meat with her pocket money and, when that ran out, she resorted to pinching the family dog's food.’
- ‘In the first instance, rationing would be applied to five foodstuffs - butcher's meat, bacon, ham, sugar, butter, margarine, and cooking fats.’
- ‘The current contract for the supply and distribution of fresh butcher meat comes to an end on. 4 February 2006.’
- ‘We cover all aspects of butcher meat including beef, pork, lamb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.