One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low evergreen Eurasian shrub of the lily family, with flat shoots that give the appearance of stiff spine-tipped leaves.
- ‘As she leaves, FitzGerald says thank-you to the butcher's broom for giving up its berries, knowing that if it ever goes extinct, she and the seed bank may be able to return the favor.’
- ‘Because butcher's broom is a late bloomer, FitzGerald had to wait until December to begin collecting.’
- ‘Its formula of butcher's broom, organic birch leaves and organic rosemary help promote circulation to your problem areas.’
- ‘In this study, using a butcher's broom / sweet clover cream, the swelling of the injured leg measured against the uninjured leg was significantly reduced.’
- ‘For people fighting autoimmune challenges stemming from the intestines, he recommends digestive enzymes, glutamine, and herbs such as horse chestnut seed, grape seed extract and butcher's broom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.