One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Other than that; except that.‘she would have screamed, but that her cry would have called her masters’
- ‘There is no doubt but that Ireland has seen a surge in prices over the past five years.’
- ‘He had no doubt but that this banking system was burdensome to the citizens of the United States.’
- ‘Although there is little doubt but that all types of shrinkage, and certainly this type, have apparently always been a major area of concern for all types of concrete construction, I found out a long time ago that it is certainly true for concrete floors.’
- ‘There can be little doubt but that the methods of projective differential geometry will serve to throw a flood of light upon the theory of conjugate triple systems.’
- ‘There is no doubt but that both were on their best behaviour in this year's campaign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.