Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The measurement round a woman's body at the bust.‘these figure-enhancing bras will immediately increase your bustline’
- ‘Accent bustline with a deep neckline or off-the-shoulder bodice.’
- ‘This hot black halter top enhances your bustline with silk chiffon layered over silk charmeuse for a diaphanous effect with velvet trim.’
- ‘She felt her arms, stronger than before from the sword practice with Doriel, gracefully hold back the old lecher who was now fascinated by her bustline.’
- ‘This may ensure a better shoulder and sleeve fit, but remember it also will require additional fitting adjustments to make the pattern larger in the bustline and/or through the torso and waistline.’
- ‘She had reduced her joke-provoking bustline from 42D to 34B and instead of squeezing herself into ill-fitting size 20 tops and elasticated skirts, she could take her pick from the high street size 12 rails.’
- ‘‘Okay,’ he said eagerly, staring at her bustline.’
- ‘The weekly's West Coast style editor, Steven Cojocaru, said the problem with her bustline was that it seemed to sag from lack of a proper brassiere.’
- ‘If you were to look in a mirror and see a bone structure enhanced by cheekbone implants or a bustline pert with silicone, would the so-called improvements bring an enhanced sense of satisfaction with the self?’
- ‘Do wear a bathing suit top that emphasizes your bustline.’
- ‘The sleeveless bodice and scooped neckline lay closely against her bustline.’
- ‘She was wearing a teal green dress, sleeveless, and cut in a deep ‘V’ at the bustline, made of a fabric that clung tightly to her body.’
- ‘For example, a suit with a bold strip of magenta across the chest highlights a lovely bustline, and a block of darker color around the hips diverts attention away from that area.’
- ‘The ‘cups’ obviously fit around her growing bustline and weren't too hard to figure out.’
- ‘If your bust measurement is a full size larger or smaller than the pattern, blend the adjustment line from the waistline to the bustline of the next size.’
- ‘The bustline, armhole and sleeve fit correctly and are balanced for the plus figure.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.