Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Sweetheart, scoop and V-necks are the best choices for necklines, and a drop waist helps minimize bustiness by creating space between the bust and the waist.’
- ‘Carrying unlikely-looking, gift-wrapped parcels on their heads, the ‘porters’ file past us - their bustiness shown off to perfection.’
- ‘Your step-daughter is the unfortunate victim of a culture that bombards us with messages and bad role models suggesting that bustiness is next to godliness.’
- ‘The dolls are sassier, and less prone to blonde bustiness.’
- ‘Luscious though many young men might find her, displays of her bustiness just aren't enough to sustain this movie.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.