One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The barred button-quail.See button-quail
- ‘They are the bustard quails, button quails & the little button quails.’
- ‘There are 15 species of bustard quail, classified in two genera of the phylum Chordata, subphylum Vertebrata, class Aves, order Gruiformes, family Turnicidae.’
- ‘It also supports a thriving population of gazelle, blue bull, wolf, and Indian foxes, jackal, jungle cat, hare and birds such as bustard, sandgrouse, partridge, bustard quails, larks, eagle, short toed eagle, vulture, falcon, flamingoes, pelicans, ducks, cranes and storks.’
- ‘As I was carefully endeavoring to avoid treading on the dry sticks, I came on a covey of the small bustard quail.’
- ‘Strangely enough, there are some species, like the painted snipe and bustard quail, which do the opposite: the female is decked out gaudily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.