One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plain matching jacket and trousers (or skirt), as worn by office workers.
- ‘He wore a large overcoat with glittering buttons, a hat, and a business suit under the coat.’
- ‘I changed into the business suit of a navy blazer and blue skirt and looked in the mirror.’
- ‘After rising through the flying ranks to captain, he switched his epaulettes for a business suit to move into a corporate job with the airline.’
- ‘She was wearing a business suit, black with pinstripes and a white dress shirt beneath the suit jacket.’
- ‘I got up happily to see Raine watering her flowers again, in a business suit, black skirt and white shirt covered with a black blazer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.