Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular The study of economics and management, especially as an educational topic.
- ‘The certification is for courses done in business studies, computer studies, childcare, art and craft and general studies.’
- ‘This course provides a very solid grounding in business studies.’
- ‘I passed my French A level last summer so can concentrate on the maths, music and business studies.’
- ‘A series of informative seminars on business studies, engineering courses and student visas will also run simultaneously.’
- ‘The site will be used mainly for business studies and information technology, but any student or staff member will be able to use the it.’
- ‘Sheila Harris, who teaches business studies and economics at the school, entered the students for the competition.’
- ‘She will take up a music scholarship at Marlborough College in September and will begin studying for A levels in music, business studies, religious studies and maths.’
- ‘Owen Weller, 17, from Faringdon, is studying maths, business studies, English and chemistry.’
- ‘The scholarships are granted for first degree courses in engineering, mathematics, physics and business studies.’
- ‘During this time she studied for a postgraduate qualification in business studies and then got an MBA equivalent in marketing.’
- ‘All of her class requirements were there - a full schedule containing hours of math courses and business studies.’
- ‘Wednesday will be tough with biology and business studies.’
- ‘I did business studies and theatre studies at A-level and when I finished I came out of school still not knowing what I wanted to do.’
- ‘Engineering and business studies have recently been added to the list.’
- ‘If he were education minister, he said, business studies would become compulsory on the primary school curriculum.’
- ‘She is a native of Limerick, where she studied business studies and French, specialising in marketing, in the University of Limerick.’
- ‘I've A-levels in biology and business studies.’
- ‘Finally, students undertaking business studies, even they were in their first year at university, scored better.’
- ‘The transition year course also covered some leaving certificate cycle subjects such as physics, biology, business studies and art.’
- ‘Before that she held various lecturing positions in economics and business studies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.