Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of restructuring a company's organization and methods, especially so as to exploit the capabilities of computers.
- ‘Table 9.3 summarizes the main differences between organizational learning and business process re-engineering.’
- ‘In the early 1990s, business process reengineering replaced total quality management as the predominant school of thought regarding business process redesign.’
- ‘In spite of this, reengineering created renewed interest in business process redesign, making it the most widely practiced form of organizational development in the year 2000.’
- ‘The concept of business process re-engineering is currently popular and based on organizing the activities of a company around processes that create value as perceived by customers.’
- ‘Taylor's influence is also seen in more recent developments such as ‘total quality management’, ‘just-in-time production’, and business process re-engineering.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.