Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for office hours
- ‘To order with a credit card, call 3 during regular business hours.’
- ‘Information such as business hours, clientele, neighbourhood and jobs involved is important to those Council officers who are being asked to grant a licence.’
- ‘Being only eight, I wasn't much for professional business hours - whenever I had a craving for a hot dog, or shade, off I'd go.’
- ‘With 70 car slots available, around 1,400 cars can be parked during business hours.’
- ‘Most of the staff and employees were still attending the routine briefing ahead of business hours, she explained, escorting us to our table.’
- ‘I have copy editing during business hours, but if I'm filing something in the evening or on the weekend, no, I just post it directly to the Internet.’
- ‘So a regular 10-15 minute appointment, during business hours, costs me a minimum of $45.’
- ‘Twenty extra staff have been recruited and trained to provide the longer opening hours - 700 extra business hours a week - to offer an improved service to passengers.’
- ‘There are also banks which shorten their business hours during holidays according to ‘international practice’.’
- ‘Assuring me that he can be found in Village One during business hours, Koelewijn also suggested that students can speak to either of the two head chefs about their concerns.’
- ‘After business hours, late in the night, it is time for many things and persons to arrive - stocks, water lorries and garbage cleaners!’
- ‘As data volumes grow, nightly backup procedures have to expand until critical applications become unavailable during business hours.’
- ‘Persons repeatedly phoned and visited his home outside business hours seeking his assistance with processing their applications for housing loans.’
- ‘The business hours part seems to be the sticking point - we hear from people who want to volunteer but only when we aren't actually in the office.’
- ‘He said the hospital was still noticing an increase in the proportion of category four and five patients who turned up in accident and emergency - often in general business hours.’
- ‘However, some roads will also be closed during business hours on Sunday, July 13 and Wednesday, July 16.’
- ‘During the course of the work, pedestrian access in these areas will, although available, be limited during business hours.’
- ‘Doors and windows are not allowed to be locked during business hours, which should be earlier than 12: 00 am.’
- ‘West Vancouver is currently the only municipality in British Columbia that has restrictions on business hours, according to chamber members.’
- ‘To make life easier for customers the brothers also offer a full pick up and drop off vehicle service - especially handy for people who work long hours or have little time off during business hours.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.