One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounAustralian, NZ
Hiking or backpacking.
- ‘Pioneers of bushwalking and advocates of national parks were the harbingers of an engagement with nature that at last offered respect for and restitution of the environment.’
- ‘Other activities include bushwalking, garden visits, weekend camping trips and guided walks.’
- ‘While summer is the perfect time to be outdoors - whether it's bushwalking at a national park or pottering around the garden - it's also the most likely time to run into a snake.’
- ‘I would also like to concentrate on some writing, speaking engagements and bushwalking.’
- ‘Norma has been bushwalking for almost 15 years but she says the experience has made her rethink her safety - she'll now carry food and equipment even on the simplest of day walks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.