One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNZ, Australian
Hiking or backpacking.
- ‘Other activities include bushwalking, garden visits, weekend camping trips and guided walks.’
- ‘Norma has been bushwalking for almost 15 years but she says the experience has made her rethink her safety - she'll now carry food and equipment even on the simplest of day walks.’
- ‘While summer is the perfect time to be outdoors - whether it's bushwalking at a national park or pottering around the garden - it's also the most likely time to run into a snake.’
- ‘I would also like to concentrate on some writing, speaking engagements and bushwalking.’
- ‘Pioneers of bushwalking and advocates of national parks were the harbingers of an engagement with nature that at last offered respect for and restitution of the environment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.