One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of several rat-sized native marsupials and rodents.‘some kind of bush rat crept out on to the trail and started nosing around’
- ‘Fourteen islands off the coast of South Australia have provided a natural laboratory for research into genetic diversity among bush rats cut off from mainland populations.’
- ‘Would a dinner of roast bush rat give you a case of the Terminal Aztec Two-Step?’
- ‘Small mammals such as bush rats and marsupial carnivores survived the fires by hiding under boulders and in damp rock crevasses.’
- ‘He was pretty good with the spear gun on the bush rats too.’
- ‘The bush rat study has been going now for about ten years.’
- ‘These are bush rats who used to be part of a major mainland population now isolated as tiny populations.’
- ‘Deny's precise data contributed substantially to knowledge of bush rats, pygmy possums, and other small creatures which shared his home.’
- ‘So when he joined the television circus of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, many predicted that it wasn't just the bush rats nesting near the camp that were in for a rude shock.’
- ‘A bush rat looks very much like an introduced rat except they have a shorter tail, they can be fluffier, not as aggressive when you catch them and they have a very unique smell.’
- ‘How they would go in competition is another thing with other bush rats from other places, but in terms of their apparent fertility, their apparent appearance, they're quite healthy animals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.