Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A wild pig that is native to the forests and savannahs of Africa and Madagascar.Also called red river hog
- ‘Certain prey like bush pig and warthog, with their razor-sharp tusks, are handled differently from the horned and kicking antelopes.’
- ‘Perhaps it was a bush pig that would grunt and snuffle away when it spotted her.’
- ‘In addition to its star gorillas, Bwindi is host to elephant, bush pig, giant forest hog and over 300 species of birds including rare forest birds.’
- ‘While we were accustomed to hunting hippo, bush pig and other game, James was an ‘elephant man’.’
- ‘Dogs are usually kept for hunting small game such as bush pig and duiker (a small antelope).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.