One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of many small native mammals, including marsupial mice and rodents.‘a tiny bush mouse was scurrying across the ground by an ant hill’
- ‘In the corner of the Witch's house there just happened to be hiding a tiny bush mouse.’
- ‘A virus was finally run to earth, one that caused a harmless lifelong infection in a local species of bush mouse.’
- ‘As I came to this realization the bush mouse moved.’
- ‘A virus was isolated from the tissues of a trapped local bush mouse.’
- ‘The bush mice came in out of the cold and wet.’
- ‘There were cast bronze and aluminium sculptures of echidnas and bush mice.’
- ‘I had derived maximum satisfaction from sharing the smallest of things, for example, the sharing of a bush mouse or small bird with my siblings.’
- ‘How do children catch a bush mouse?’
- ‘Instead of a town mouse and a country mouse in Australia, there would be a town mouse and a bush mouse.’
- ‘No tent. Bush mice hopping. A far cry from romantic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.