Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nounAustralian, West indian
[mass noun] Traditional folk medicine, typically prepared from herbs and other plants.
- ‘Many ordinary citizens use herbal teas and bush medicine for everyday ailments.’
- ‘In the back room of another clinic was kept a collection of bush medicine that was used regularly.’
- ‘Are there any plans for a bush medicine clinic?’
- ‘Installation of the bush medicine garden enhances the natural environment already established.’
- ‘We're going to regenerate this 40 acres and make it a bush trail and a bush medicine area.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.