One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person claiming legal or other knowledge who is unqualified to do so.
- ‘Because this legislation is now in statute, it will be a matter for bush lawyers.’
- ‘In fact I think the most legalistic people are usually what might be jokingly referred to as the bush lawyers.’
- ‘‘I am only a bush lawyer not an industrial lawyer,’ he added.’
- ‘What bush lawyer gave him the advice that if the Privy Council were restored, these people would automatically be lost to the judiciary system, when that is not the case?’
- ‘All Australians know what a bush lawyer is - and how they are bores best avoided.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.