One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person claiming legal or other knowledge who is unqualified to do so.
- ‘What bush lawyer gave him the advice that if the Privy Council were restored, these people would automatically be lost to the judiciary system, when that is not the case?’
- ‘‘I am only a bush lawyer not an industrial lawyer,’ he added.’
- ‘All Australians know what a bush lawyer is - and how they are bores best avoided.’
- ‘Because this legislation is now in statute, it will be a matter for bush lawyers.’
- ‘In fact I think the most legalistic people are usually what might be jokingly referred to as the bush lawyers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.