One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person claiming legal or other knowledge who is unqualified to do so.
- ‘Because this legislation is now in statute, it will be a matter for bush lawyers.’
- ‘All Australians know what a bush lawyer is - and how they are bores best avoided.’
- ‘‘I am only a bush lawyer not an industrial lawyer,’ he added.’
- ‘In fact I think the most legalistic people are usually what might be jokingly referred to as the bush lawyers.’
- ‘What bush lawyer gave him the advice that if the Privy Council were restored, these people would automatically be lost to the judiciary system, when that is not the case?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.