One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for safari jacket
- ‘Women can dress this look up by wearing an animal print top or skirt with a bush jacket, or a white lace blouse with khakis.’
- ‘In our bush jackets and black peaked caps we were mistaken for Palestine police.’
- ‘From the Indian languages come chipmunk, mackinaw (a bush jacket), moose, muskeg (boggy, mossy land), muskrat.’
- ‘But once onstage, it's off with the gloves (ditto the dark glasses and the black-and-red bush jacket).’
- ‘In January, the man shovels the driveway wearing a light bush jacket, while I don't even leave the house unless I'm bundled enough for a trek up Mount Everest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.