One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of farming in which bushes and trees are cleared from virgin land, which is then allowed to lie fallow for a while before cultivation begins.
- ‘These were the Kobeda soil series in a teak plantation and the Dominase series in a bush fallow field.’
- ‘Both 1 and 3 years of Calopogonium fallow resulted in significantly higher rice-grain yields per hectare than bush fallow did.’
- ‘In bush fallow rotations, plantain can either be the first or last crop in the sequence.’
- ‘It shows that the bush fallow period is drastically reduced.’
- ‘The palms grew and still grow wild in farmlands, bush fallow vegetation and in clearings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.