One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of farming in which bushes and trees are cleared from virgin land, which is then allowed to lie fallow for a while before cultivation begins.
- ‘These were the Kobeda soil series in a teak plantation and the Dominase series in a bush fallow field.’
- ‘The palms grew and still grow wild in farmlands, bush fallow vegetation and in clearings.’
- ‘In bush fallow rotations, plantain can either be the first or last crop in the sequence.’
- ‘It shows that the bush fallow period is drastically reduced.’
- ‘Both 1 and 3 years of Calopogonium fallow resulted in significantly higher rice-grain yields per hectare than bush fallow did.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.