One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A social occasion featuring dancing to traditional Australian folk music.‘the barbecue will be followed by a bush dance’
- ‘They are holding a Bush Dance at the Memorial Hall.’
- ‘There was a Bush Dance thing organised by the Overseas Student Society.’
- ‘The good folk of the village supplied a hearty barbecue dinner then those with energy to spare kicked up their heels at a bush dance at the local hall.’
- ‘This, and the final bush dance to end the day, promise to make it a relaxing and family fun day out.’
- ‘She will pass on the tiara at the family bush dance on Saturday night.’
- ‘The community has been celebrating 30 years of blissful living over the last month with bush dances, gala fetes and fundraising events.’
- ‘The show culminates in a huge Bush Dance and Talent Quest in the pavilion.’
- ‘The masses then dispersed to the craft fair, the poetry walk-ups or the bush dance down the track.’
- ‘Later that evening a bush dance will be held at the Jubilee Hall.’
- ‘A Bush Dance and BBQ will follow with dancing, games and auctions and the crowning of Miss Casino Beef Week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.