One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A travelling Anglican missionary providing ministry to remote areas.‘many of the bush brothers became bishops’
- ‘It has been a Bush Brother parish.’
- ‘They were married in 1931 by one of the Bush Brothers.’
- ‘There's a line of well-brushed choirboys entering a cathedral in procession and a Bush Brother conducting Evensong from the Book of Common Prayer.’
- ‘He had trained as a Bush Brother, being influenced by socialist ideals of the founder of the Brotherhood.’
- ‘We were visited by Mr Bramley, a Bush Brother, who travelled through the outback serving the communities with an occasional dose of spirituality.’
- ‘The English clergy no longer felt the duty to travel to Australia to serve the church as bush brothers.’
- ‘He heard the bishop preach, and he started talking to him and he ended up being a Bush Brother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.