One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNZ, Australian
Unleavened bread traditionally baked in a lidded pot placed in wood ashes; damper.‘he was offered food in the form of goat meat and bush bread’
- ‘There are species of clover-like fern native to Australia, also known as ngardu, from which bush bread is made.’
- ‘For dessert, he prepared his specialty dish - delicious bush bread that tasted like fragrant scones.’
- ‘My daughter has made flour damper here, or what you call bush bread.’
- ‘He relished this steaming hot, fragrant bush bread above all other foods.’
- ‘Those of you who enjoy whittling green sticks into skewers can make damper bread, a traditional Australian bush bread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.