One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low-growing compact variety of basil.
Ocimum minimum, family Labiatae
- ‘Holy basil and bush basil are related plants.’
- ‘Even though the leaves are very small the bush basils dry well and keep their green colour.’
- ‘This is probably the best of the bush basils, a tidy, compact plant absolutely covered with small fragrant leaves.’
- ‘One of the spicy bush basils is doing just nuts, the other has stopped growing, and I'm not at all sure why.’
- ‘This is a refined bush basil from Italy where it is known for its fine green leaf and is formed like a ball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.